Youth Sports Mission Statement
The Oregon Park District recreational youth sports programs are designed to allow all children to have the opportunity to have fun, participate and learn fundamental sports skills. Participants should learn sportsmanship, respect, teamwork, fair play and self-confidence. The sports environment will be safe and well maintained. Prudent behavior by adults is mandatory. The Oregon Park District also believes that the safety and well-being of the youth participant is the highest priority.
The seven essential components of the Oregon Park District Recreational Youth Sports Philosophy:
- All children in our community who meet the basic program registration requirements will have the opportunity to participate in Oregon Park District youth sports programs.
- The Oregon Park District will offer programs at a reasonable cost while providing quality facilities, quality equipment and recognition to both volunteers and participants.
- The Oregon Park District staff will recruit volunteers who will act as role models, mentors and facilitators.
- All participants in Oregon Park District youth sports programs shall be treated fairly, and without regard to race, color, disability, religion, sex or national origin.
- The Oregon Park District youth sport practices and games should be an enjoyable, challenging and learning experience for all participants.
- Those people in coaching and leadership positions in Oregon Park District youth sports shall lead by example through the promotion of fair play and sportsmanship.
- The Oregon Park District programs should focus on the enjoyment of the sport and the development of the athlete – not the score.